Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Brief absence

We are shutting down today, and heading off for the Intermediate Staging
Base. That won't be much fun, because we will be staying on cots, 200 to a large chicken coop, with about one shower head per 25 soldiers, and very little to do.

Anyway, my connectivity is going to wink out today some time, and probably won't be back until we are safely in Iraq. There may be some time in the interim that I have access; possibly while we're in Kuwait.

So, I won't be posting much until probably mid to late December, 2004. When I resume, I should have plenty to talk about. For example, we are going to road march the brigade from Kuwait, through Bagdahd, to our area in northern Iraq. Should be quite the road trip. No beer or women, but lots of guns.

No comments: