Monday, October 11, 2004

Dead man walking

As part of the MILES play, we all carry a little envelope that has an injury card in it. If our MILES goes off, we pull out the card and what ever the injury is, is what should be treated. For example, the card might say stepped on mine, foot blown off. The medics or Combat Life Savers would have to treat the injury correctly, withing time specified. Apparently, most deaths are from bleeding to death.

Anyway, under the right light, you can see through the envelope and see what your injury is going to be. Turns out that my card says KIA. If my MILES goes off, I'm toast.

I would have to be evacuated, and the unit has to request a replacement. After a day or so, the replacement comes forward (me) and I'm back in action. Until then, I'm cooling my heels in a holding facility, laying around reading, sleeping, or otherwise doing nothing.

No comments: