Saturday, October 09, 2004

Bush-Kerry Friday Debates

Well, I guess Bush did better this time around, although I think that Kerry did a better job. Bush was way agitated. You could tell by his tense body posture, and especially by the way he blinked like a madman while listening to Kerry.

I'm really curious about the "anyone want some wood" comment. Either Kerry screwed up his reference about Bush owning a lumber business, or Bush doesn't know what he does own. I saw a reference on another blog that Bush has an ownership interest in a lumber company, which is what I figured Bush was talking about. I think this could be one of those sound bites that comes to haunt the incorrect candidate. I think Bush's reaction was strange. It struck me that he was trying to taunt Kerry, sort of high-schoolish.

Kerry seemed relaxed and human. However, I was a bit put off by his assertion "I have a plan." The first few times were OK, but it got old, and ended up sounding hollow.

All in all, Bush did better than before, Kerry did well. I'm looking forward to the next one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A news program this morning was taking soundbites from the debate and then letting us know what was true or false about the statement. According to this report, both candidates made false statements, either technical or out of context. Makes you wonder if we should just evaluate the body language and disregard the audio.