Friday, October 15, 2004

Pay problems

I am working on travel pay problems. We have in the vicinity of 200 travel pay claims, some of which have been pending since July. When a soldier goes to a school, or some exercise, away from the usual duty station, the soldier gets reimbursed for lodging, meals, etc. We have had hundreds of such claims, but not very many have been paid. Some soldiers are owed thousands of dollars. Some are getting threatened by collection agencies.

The office that should take care of this has not been able to do it, so it has become my duty to do it. This is way out of my lane, but what the hell; the general wants me to do it, so I will.

Very complicated due to the number of claims, the number and variety of documents needed to support the claims, and the agencies involved. We are struggling to put together a comprehensive list to work off of. This will take some time, but I just have to plug away on it.

No comments: