Thursday, August 11, 2005

Stop the horror

Walking on my way to lunch today, I neared three porta-pottis stationed at the edge of the chow hall parking lot. A HMMWV skidded to a stop in front of the blue plastic latrines. A soldier standing up in the gun turret bracing himself with the grips of his .50 caliber machine gun hollered down “Stop the pooping!” A couple of seconds later a soldier burst out of the potti, clambered into the front seat of the HMMWV, and it roared off in a cloud of dust, gunner still standing tall.

****

I have been having a great deal of technical difficulties lately, which has made it difficult to keep up regular posts. Also, I was recently criticized for revealing too much sensitive information, and was threatened with having the blog shut down. This kind of chilled my creativity, so I have been struggling lately with ideas to post. I hope and plan to continue the blog, and apologize for the lack of posts recently. Please don’t give up checking in from time to time.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Wow, OPSEC violations? No offense to your chain of command, but I really really really can't understand where they are coming from with this, unless it had to do with your last post...and if that is the case...well, let's just say that you really haven't revealed much compared to a lot of other people who are continuing to blog.

Anyway, I don't want you to get in any trouble, so if you need to delete this comment, feel free. I would've emailed you, but couldn't find an addy. Feel free to drop me a line at toyotarox2000@yahoo.com.

Oh, and "Stop the pooping"?

Classic.

The Kenosha Kid said...

You clearly violated porta-potty security. See that it doesn't happen again.