Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Relief in Sight

It has been a 115 degrees (46 C) or hotter every day since I returned from leave in June. I have scanned the sky every day, looking for clouds, but have seen none. None. I had thought that we’d have a summer storm or two sweep through, but no. Just an unbroken string of cloudless hot days.

The last couple of days have been a little cooler, 112 or 113 F, but last night and today I saw a harbinger of relief on the horizon; clouds. Not a lot of them, but some, and they’ve built up today so that instead of just a couple, we now have quite a few.

I’m hoping that the clouds mean cooler weather is coming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope for some cooler weather for you!

I don't know how you guys stand it! I sent my adopted soldier a Chillow....a nice cool pillow. Sounds like you need one!

Anonymous said...

I am getting excited to know that steps are being taken - steps that mean you are closer to getting back home to loved ones and the many things that you have given up to serve our great country. I am very grateful for your service and the fine example that you have set. It may be hot there and I do hope you get some relief, but it could be worse. I know that is easy for me to say, and seems rather shallow when I have not personally experienced what you and many others have. However, I am close to many who are going through the catastrophic devestation of Katrina. We were lucky. Many were not. Hopefully, there will always be something to be thankful for. Just knowing how much our country aids others is a blessing. Thanks again and looking forward to your safe return.