Friday, January 14, 2005

Haji DVDs

I have heard about the movie industry complaining about pirated movies, but I didn't take it too seriously. There is obviously plenty of $$ in the industry, and they overcharge for DVD movies. Plus, I never saw any pirated movies around.

Well, you can get Haji movies here, and various locations. $5.00 will buy you at least 2, sometimes 3 or 4 movies, all on one DVD. They have some technique of squeezing multiple copies onto one CD.

A friend of mind had a twin pack with Meet the Parents and Meet the Fockers. The latter had been out less than a week. Amazing. Apparently, the pirate sits in a theatre and uses a camcorder to film the movie. The sound is really good, so the pirate must do more than just use the mic on the camcorder. The quality ranges from OK, to viewable, to not very good. I have heard that in some movies, you will see a person stand up and exit in front of the screen, or you might see someone stretch.

I don't really like to watch them. I watched one, and started to watch Meet the Fockers, but I wasn't in to it. For one thing, the picture is grainy and I like a sharp picture; part of my viewing pleasure, you might say. I do know that a lot of folks don't share my viewpoint, because a lot of the Haji movies are being sold around here. I think the main effect on me is to make me even less likely to spend $19.95 on a DVD.

No comments: