Sunday, January 30, 2005

CNN Election coverage

I have been watching CNN's Iraqi election coverage, and, while I like CNN, I don't know that its election coverage is all that swell. If you watch, the reporters usually have the same backdrop. A multi-story building on the right, the reporter's left, and on the other side, a mosque. I'm guessing this is from the balcony of a hotel. So, rather than reporting from out on the street, they report from the hotel. I think they send cameramen out, but I don't see reporters reporting from the scene, much, although it is possible to see some on the scene reporting.

I was listening to Christiana Amanpour talk about "expected" voter turnout. At one point, she said "all the commanders" agreed on voter turnout. I'm not involved in the elections, but I'd know if she, or someone from CNN, had come around and asked the commanders here about turnout, and no one did. So, I think she was speculating, and was overstating her case.

No comments: