Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Elections

Iraqi elections seem to be on everyone's lips these days. The media is certainly predicting lots of excitement, but since they don't seem to get and mingle with Iraqis much I'm not sure what they base their predictions on.

I don't know much about what we're planning for the elections, and even if I did this would not be the place to discuss it. I do know that we have been planning for them, and that we have some really smart planners and some dedicated soldiers to carry out the plan. I was in one briefing about the election, and I came away pretty impressed about the depth and scope, and ingenuity, of the plan.

I'm curious to see how the elections unfold, and what happens afterward. Notwithstanding anything else that might happen, a good hard rain on election day will probably deter much mischief.

No comments: