Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Upside down

Well, we’ve had a couple of vehicle accidents lately. A brand new up-armored HUMMV got rolled. 5 soldiers in it, one poked out of the top hatch. Luckily, all were wearing helmets as they are supposed to, and the top guy ducked inside, so no injuries. Later the same day, had a rear end collision. Still waiting to hear an injury report, but not likely anyone was injured or would have heard about it.

Boy, it would really suck to come this far and get hurt in a stupid vehicle accident. Probably somewhat a result of having been on leave and stagnating at the ISB. Soldiers aren’t “keeping their head in the game”, as I hear stated ad nauseum.

BTW, it's tough to update this blog from here. I'm not whining or looking for sympathy, but just letting you know why sometimes I go days between updates. I plan to keep this up for the entire rotation. Hopefully daily.

And on another note, I drink decaf coffee and generally avoid caffeine. I'm not a fanatic or anyway thing, I just figure I don't need it. Also, when I do need a lift or to stay awake, I can drink a cup of joe and really feel it. However, not gonna happen here. No decaf in sight, at least until I get to FOB Warrior and unpack my coffee pot. Another sacrifice I'm making for the Global War on Terrorism, and to protect American democratic values.

No comments: