Thursday, November 25, 2004

Turkey day

It is Thanksgiving day today. Last night the entire BCT went to a free concert by Paul Revere and the Raiders. Some pretty good songs, oldies, and lost of laughs. It is a funny show, and we all enjoyed it, although the guys from Pennsylvania booed our governor when he got up to speak. Gov. Kempthorne personlly arranged for the free concert, so it was pretty classless for them to boo him. I was disappointed in the leadership for not stopping it. I think I'll say something to them about it.

We are having a feast today. 1,000 pounds turkey breast, 1,000 lbs of sirloin, and all the usual trimmings. 1/2 lb of meat for each soldier. Lots of donations from Alexandria of pies and pastries. Paul Revere, Gov Kempthorne, and others are serving the dinner. First group through; Pennsylvania. So, the guy they booed last night is serving them today.

I had to say a final goodbye to my loved ones to day. I will not be able to call them, except infrequently, once I leave. It has been my most emotional day yet. I am not worried about what I am getting into, just am going to miss my loved ones I have to leave behind. Sad, not excited.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.