Monday, November 29, 2004

Kuwait upate

Well, I've arrived in Kuwait. I have written a long post about things here, but I'm having a tough time posting it. We have internet access in our TOC, but it is kind of slow, and I'm not real comfortable blogging from there. I wrote up the post on my laptop. and trnasferred it to my memory stick, thinking I could just upload it. Well, the TOC internet seems to get hung up trying to post a message, so no luck. I then singed up for a pay internet cafe' ($5.00 per hour) but it doesn't have a usb port, so I have to figure out something else. I'm going to try again a little later.

We get Stars and Stripes for free here, and it is about the only source of news. I can read CCN.com, at $5.00/hour. We get english radio stations, but just music, no news that I've heard. I'll break out my radio later and try to see what's availalbe. Rumor has it that there is an NPR feed available. We have Armed Froces Network TV, which carries ESPN and news, but it's in a noisy room, minimal seating, and cold, so not real accessable. Interestingly, the TV has not commercials, at least, no commercial commercials. We get armed forces commercials; you know, OPSEC, hotlines, propoganda, etc.


No comments: