Friday, February 18, 2005

Fuel point

I went to the fuel point the other day, to fuel up after our dump run. The fuel point is off the beaten path, near the dump, but is a driver’s dream. You just pull up and start fueling. The pump doesn’t even have a counter to track gallons, and of course, no charge. When you’re done, replace the nozzle and drive away, guilt free. The air you pollute is not in your own country.

There are only a couple of MOGAS (regular civilian gasoline) pumps, but I’ve not seen a line either time I was there. There more diesel pumps, because most military vehicles run on diesel. The don’t have much in the way of window washing equipment, either, nor any attached convenience store. Can’t have everything, I guess. On the other hand, you can get jet fuel there, which is something you don't see at the corner gas station.

1 comment:

Josh said...

I'm really enjoying the blog. I thought that the letter the guy sent his wife was heartbreaking.