Thursday, February 24, 2005

Back scratching

My assistant scrounged up a pretty nice little fridge, 220v, for us to use in our office to keep water or whatever cold. It was missing a bottom bracket for the door. Between our office and the chow hall, a maintenance company has set up shop. I used to command that company, so I stopped by and talked to a couple of guys I know there about making us a bracket.

I took a picture of where the bracket should go, holding up a ruler, and one of the guys welded me up a bracket. The holes were exactly in line. I had to take it back, though, to get the holes enlarged a bit. The soldier cheerfully drilled larger holes. It probably didn't hurt that the welder had come to my office the day before for help getting promoted, and he received his promotion orders today. We didn't have a lot to do with that, but he was happy anyway.

No comments: