Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Office space

Our unit is replacing the unit that has been here a year. That unit was scheduled to leave by now, but got extended through the elections. Since they are still here, they are occupying the buildings and space we were to move into. We are kind of just wriggling in wherever we can. I don't have a predecessor, so I am blazing a trail. I have no office space or furnishings, no phone, nada.

It now looks like I am going to have a small building to myself, that is, my assistant and I. Large room (20x30) and 2 offices (10x10). Fairly new tin building, white vinyl walls and white patterned floor tile. I have been moved around a few times, but think this should be my permanent location. It is near troop housing, which is good because it is accessable to soldiers, and my job is to help soldiers.

I now have to get it wired for phones and internet access. It has heat and air conditioning (Yes!), and a TV satellite dish. Whether that works, I dunno.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.