Friday, September 30, 2005

What Would You Like On Your Pizza?

I gave a soldier a ride to our FOB Green Bean coffee shop today, and on the way he told me about his soon-to-be-ex-wife, his two year old daughter, his plan to go to Afghanistan and then work for a security firm, and his plan to retire by age 28, at which point he plans to get custody of his daughter. I dropped him off at the coffee shop, and as I pulled away I noticed a Third Country National worker behind the Pizza Hut.

The worker was wearing a dark blue shirt with a red PH logo, and was sitting in the back step of the PH trailer. I saw him holding and looking at something long and white. As I drove past, I saw that it was a sock and that his left foot was bare. He put down the sock and began to devote some attention to his foot, picking between his toes. I wonder if he was the cook? "I'd like the small pepperoni pizza please, and add some toe jam."

1 comment:

BostonMaggie said...

Alan!!!!!!!!