Monday, September 26, 2005

A Gross Post

It cooled off today, into the low 90s. Finally. So I went for a run this afternoon. Afterward, I took a shower. The shower I normally use was in use so I used the one next to it.

In my usual shower, the curtain has been raised way up, above my head, but a couple of days ago it had been lowered enough to easily see over. When I showered a couple of days ago, I had to duck below the curtain rod to get in and out of the shower. Exiting, I also had to step up over the lip of the drain pan. Ducking and stepping up simultaneously is just too much for me to do safely more than once, and I conked my head on the shower curtain, leaving a lump and a scrape. But I still stuck to that shower, mostly because I like the shower head.

Today, as I showered, the guy showering where I usually do was taking a nice long shower. At one point, he coughed and hacked up, well, you know, and then did it again a minute later. So, he was either holding it in his mouth, swallowing it, or spitting it in the shower. Jeez. After that, I heard him blow his nose. In the shower. I couldn’t see, but I’m pretty sure it was the deal where you put a finger on one nostril and blow out through the other. Either that or he used his washcloth. The shower was still running so I’m sure he wasn’t using a tissue.

Afterward, I regarded him with some disgust as he leaned forward to the mirror and popped a pimple. I think I might change showers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I consider some of your showering detail a 'gross past'. My ex-husband had the same showering habits that you described...long shower, coughing, snorting and blowing; leaving nothing to my imagination. Geez, bud... nothing like having to listen to the pig in the next stall. Unfortunately, I was not able to choose another shower and for some reason, it is not in any way reassuring knowing that there are more than one of those types of human hogs! I hope you do wear some sort of protective foot wear and please be careful of any slippery-slimey discharge! Hopefully, there is a way to disinfect the pig stall after the ignorant animal and before anyone else has to shower after what he left behind. Better yet, if you do notice him showering again, hand him the disinfectant and give him shower duty! GAG!

BostonMaggie said...

OK, Mudville linked me here. So far I've read about dumpster diving and the Neanderthal in the next shower stall.......does it get better? LOL.

Maggie