Sunday, May 15, 2005

Bleah!

Today I was drinking some of the good coffee that the generous folks back home sent me. I like coffee strong, and dark. Once in a while the filter collapses and some grounds end up in the coffee. No big deal.

I got to the bottom of my cup, and drained the last bit, and felt a good sized coffee ground on my tongue. "Dang it", I thought. I rolled the ground up on my tongue and spit it out, and noticed to my disgust that the ground had wings and legs. A small fly had drowned in the coffee, and sunk to the bottom, where it laid in surprise for me. As if flys aren't annoying enough just buzzing around your head.

2 comments:

SquirrleyMojo said...

that's not right!

happened to me once--only it was a worm and a grape . . .

Anonymous said...

I realize you are in a relatively safe area in Iraq. By that I mean relative to the Sunni Triangle and other areas where attacks are more frequent than where you are. If most of what you can write about are your gripes about a fly in your coffee or an improperly cooked egg than you must have it relatively easy. Either that or you have the editor-in-chief looking over your shoulder. I will say your entries concerning the KGB have been the most interesting to me.

I was in the military, Navy to be exact during peacetime. Most of your entries I could have written in some form or another during my military experience. I experienced my share of Super High Intensity Training while in the military. What I hope to see from you is more commentary regarding the successes or failures of current policy as it pertains to your situation. I realize that may not be possible for you but if it is... by all means go for it.

I respectfully request you read my diary on dkos entitled War is an Ugly, Evil Condition. I would appreciate your comment.

In closing I hope you and all your men return safely upon completion of your tour in Iraq. Service to your country is the highest form of patriotism no matter what the circumstances.

The Information Sponge